Friday, March 09, 2007

An Evening By the Lake

This is a poem that ought to be read when one is relaxed and practically about to go to sleep. I didn't actually write this while sitting on the beach though, but instead of waves lapping, I thought of it while out riding, listening to the rhythm of my mule's walk.
So, to properly enjoy this poem, just sit back, and imagine you're sitting on the beach, on a warm summer's eve, the wind blowing softly in your face, the sun setting on the horizon...

An Evening By the Lake

Sitting on the shore
The sun is sinking low
Pink wisps of cloud above
The water laps, laps, laps.

A breeze blows through the trees
A whisper speaking softly
Rustling the leaves
The water laps, laps, laps.

The sun is dying fast
The wind is quiet now
The lake is still as glass
The water laps, laps, laps.


1 comment:

JAPierce said...

I actually am reading this right before I go to sleep...reminds me of the beach in Italy...